Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wow is it hot!

Well here it is, the months that we wait for and now its time to complain about the heat. not really. Last week was a good one. Dad and Scott and I were able to go fishing up at Current Creek. We did however have one problem. One big problem. My boat ran terrible. Thanks goodness it was a good day, and we were able to catch some fish anyway. Scott caught the most fish. His fish count was - A few. Dad and my fish count was less than a few. (I know Scott knows how many he caught but I was trying to forget). I was able to go to one of Dallas' baseball games. In fact the day before he hit a Home Run, and it was at a very big ball park. It was a major league home run. He plays very well and even pitched the game that I watched. I can tell he is having a lot of fun playing ball, and I am sure he loves having his dad coach the team. Great job Jeff.
Well, this was a good time to write because it gets my mind off the horrible toothache I have. I broke a little piece off of my tooth while we were fishing and on Thursday night I broke a big CHUNK of the same tooth off. (Kids remember to brush and floss your teeth. Especially if you are a Quinn. Remember you probably only have 4 or 5 anyway) I am hoping tomorrow I can get in to a dentist and get them to do something about it.
We went to Draper days yesterday and watched the fireworks. They were pretty good. What is bad is that it took us almost an hour to get home because of the traffic and we only live ten minutes away.
Courtney, Doug, Andrew and Preston are doing well. It is cooler in Mesquite than here in Sandy. They have only been between 108 degrees and 125 degrees. They are in their winter coats. They are having a good time swimming in the pool. And Drew is learning how to use his swim goggles.
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about my new calling. I am in the nursery with about 12 kids my own age. It is pretty good duty. You break up a couple of fights, tell a story, eat some fish crackers or cookies, blow some bubbles and go home.
Hope you are all doing well. See ya later.

No comments: