Friday, January 6, 2012

Jr Jazz and such



Well I thought we would have a Jr. Jazz basketball game this weekend because we have pictures taken this Saturday. But no, I was wrong. It is another bye week this week. It seems like we have not played in months. I am sure going to miss having Andrew playing for our team. He is great fun to watch play, and I hope he had fun. He does get to play with us next week though. They will be here next week because Courtney is going to walk at her Nursing Graduation. Courtney Giles, RN. That sounds pretty cool. Nurse Giles. She takes her NCLEX Nursing Board exam tomorrow. Good Luck Court.
I don't know if I have mentioned that I have joined a Toastmaster group. Toastmaster's is a group where you have to give speeches every once in a while. I had to talk yesterday, and I gave my speech on the benefits of Coca-Cola. Yep, Coca-Cola. I spoofed the whole thing. It was fun and I actually won the blue ribbon for the day.
It is so nice to be at another weekend. The New years weekend went so fast. I did have a good time at Dave and Robins house for New Years. Izzy stayed awake until about 12:30 and immediately fell asleep as soon as she sat into her car seat. I think she had fun too. She played with all of the older kids. They are so good with her and she loves them all.
Courtney just sent me a video of Preston riding a bike with training wheels. AWESOME. When he was here we could not get him to figure out how to pedal a bike. He always wanted to pedal backwards. He is learning everything so fast.
Andrew is back in school and he is loving it. He said his teacher is Mrs. Billingsly (I think) he also said she is nice and that one of the kids on his street are in his class. When I asked if he had homework he said "Yes" in a very quiet depressed tone. I hope they are all well, and I am very glad they are all back together.
I am gathering a few items to send to Braden, He wanted another blanket, a folding pocket knife, and some other items. I am so dumb. In my rush to get him the knife he and I decided on I ordered the wrong one and it already had shipped by the time I realized it. Dang you Amazon. I have already ordered the correct one so in a couple of days I will need to find out how Amazon works their returns. I hope it is easy. That's what I get for trying to get things together quickly. It is good to be able to talk or trade texts with him when he can.
Jamie is going back to school and working so she is getting very busy. It is great to see her every once in a while too.
I have been listening and following some of the political mumbo jumbo going on lately. What a mess. Current congress (both parties) are like little kids (I can't say that because little kids are smarter than congress) Go Mitt!
well I gotta go. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: