Saturday, February 14, 2009

Family Trip







Are they great or what?

Well we are all back from Iowa and it was great. The blessing was great. We all got up so we could make the 9:00 Sacrament meeting and guess what? We were not only on time, but early to church. I know, another miracle. We were all surprised when Becky (Doug's mother) showed up to sacrament meeting. Pretty cool. Doug did a great job with Preston's blessing, even though at first I thought everyone in the circle was going to bounce Preston right into the back row of the chapel. There is a difference between a gentle rocking to calm the baby, and trying to toss the child into the air during the blessing. Preston spent the remainder of the blessing trying to sit up. I thought we might drop him. I know Doug was worried too because he had a great grip on the back of Preston. We got lucky and the weather was pretty good. Well we at least saw some sunshine. Braden did pretty good driving in Iowa. I went for a ride with him and he was actually able to find his way around. I think he liked Iowa. It was good to see Stacey, Whitney and Courtney together. I wish Brooke could have come. But she had to work, and sometimes that happens. Andrew wrestled with everyone and raced cars on the table with Braden. Preston looks great and he is not as big as the pictures make him look. (Remember each camera adds ten pounds). He is a good kid but of course as soon as we left he got sick. I think he just misses us. Courtney and I spent a lot of time together trying to rid her computer of a virus. We finally removed it. I hope it is still working. Everyone was able to make their flights home even though they we all full. I was lucky and sat between two Sumo Wrestlers. Not really, but there was not much seat left between them, and of course that is where my seat was. So I sat for 4 hours on the flight from Cincinnati to Salt Lake with my elbows touching each other across my chest. Yep, really comfortable, NOT!! Thanks Courtney and Doug for letting us come out and be with you guys. We had a great time. I can't wait until you are closer to us. By the way everyone Doug is almost finished with school and already has a job offer. Yahoo!! Thanks again, it was fun. Well until next time. "Keep your stick on the ice."

No comments: