Sunday, May 31, 2009

Standy and the friendly skies.





I don't know what they are talking about if they ever say that less people are flying the friendly skies, because last Thursday I was trying to fly "Standby" to get to Iowa for Doug's graduation. I started at the Delta gate at 6:00 a.m. and the flight was full. I made it clear to the airplane before they called me back. This was a sign of things to come for the rest of the day. I spent the next 11 or 12 hours trying to make a flight. I was running from one airline counter, to the next one trying to get even close to Iowa. I was finally able to fly out the next day into Omaha, Nebraska. I rented a car and finally got to the Giles home. When I walked in their house there was Preston (a great looking 5 month old future Hall of Fame great) lying on the floor talking to himself. I walked in and knelt above him and he started to giggle. He and I laughed for 20 minutes. He is such a happy camper. When Drew and Court returned to the house Drew gave me a great big hug and told me he missed me. It was worth every minute of the day before.
The next day we were all able to go to Doug's graduation. By the way Doug is now a DOCTOR. Doctor John Douglas Giles (sound pretty cool). I think he is going by "Doctor Doug." Andrew let everyone know his dad is a doctor. It was great to be there.
Courtney and Doug have done a terrific job keeping up with things and getting through school for Doug. Courtney you are awesome. You are a great mom, and you are doing a great job raising these boys. I know it hasn't been easy but my hats off to you. Doug (I didn't mean to leave you out) you have done a great job also. Drew has been able to golf, swim, go to the zoo and many other things.
Well after the graduation I was able to bring Andrew back to Utah with me. I don't think he understands that he is not going back to Iowa. It is great to be around him. He is so smart. He has already helped me fix the lawn mower, and he said we need to get the "motor scooter" running.
Today he and Brenner were playing and he got a goose egg on his fore head. He shook it off. He spent a day with Crystall, Tanner and Brenner and my dad and tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa Bleazard are going to watch him while I am at work. Every time I get home he tells me he missed me. So cool.
Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Awesome! Love the pictures! Glad you came.